ConsenSys France announces the launch of the Dauriel Network, technology stack for the "tokenization" of financial assets on blockchain
PARIS – ConsenSys France announces the launch of the Dauriel Network, a technology stack developed by ConsenSys, partly open sourced, and compatible with all projects related to financial assets.
The Dauriel Network enables the issuance, management and transfer of “tokenized” financial assets in a completely secure way, and in compliance with regulations in an automated manner.
The Dauriel Network was designed to be compliant with financial market requirements, including the European market. In the French market, the Dauriel Network proves to be a particularly relevant technology for the “tokenization” of non-listed shares, specifically the shares of Venture Capital funds, Private Equity funds, or the shares of real estate investment companies.
The “tokenization” of financial assets delivers important benefits for investors and issuers:
• Operational efficiency: simplification and reduction of costs related to the issuance, management and transfer of assets.
• Market expansion: broaden potential investor base through a simpler acquisition process and lower minimum entry tickets.
• Additional features: opening/simplification of a secondary market, and easier transmission of information between issuers and investors.
“The most important technology components are already ready for use. It is now possible to use the Dauriel Network to issue an asset in the form of an interoperable generic standard compatible with all Ethereum blockchains, public and private, while guaranteeing the issuer strong control over the issued asset (manual validation of transfers), including in a secondary market,” said Gauthier Petetin, Technical Lead, ConsenSys.
Interoperability is a major challenge in the context of “tokenization,” as only a solution for issuing generic financial assets that is compatible with a maximum number of blockchain platforms can facilitate adoption.
The interoperability of the Dauriel Network is based on:
• An open-source standard specifically designed for financial assets (ERC1400), shared and reviewed by the Ethereum community, and backward compatible with the most widely used standard (ERC20).
• Combination of Ethereum private networks (to meet the challenges of scalability, privacy, and finality of transactions) and the public network (for interoperability) with the ability to transfer securities from one network to another in a secure manner.
• Using Ethereum blockchain technology, that today has the largest developer community in the world (+400K).
ConsenSys is a global formation of technologists and entrepreneurs building the infrastructure, applications, and practices that enable a decentralized world. At the core, ConsenSys is a venture production studio and blockchain software development consultancy creating decentralized applications (dApps), enterprise solutions and developer tools for blockchain ecosystems, focused primarily on Ethereum. Powered by smart contracts and secured through encryption, our solutions provide the benefits of transparency, auditability, and immutability that are unique to blockchain-based solutions.
For more information please visit: https://consensys.net