Consensys Software’s mission is to create the new internet. We are a blockchain technology company building infrastructure, tools and applications to enable developers and enterprises to build Web3. Focused on Ethereum, the world’s largest blockchain, our technology enables our customers to harness the value of blockchain and consensus based systems.
The Finance team partners closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
The team is looking for a Go-to-Market Finance Manager to help with our mission to support financial decision-making and corporate planning while embodying our company’s values. Your efforts will influence key financial insights and strategic recommendations we provide to Consensys Software’s leadership and Board, and design and implement company-wide processes to drive toward our desired business and financial outcomes. You will engage with product, operations, strategy, marketing and customer success in developing these strategic recommendations. A passion for blockchain technology, cryptoeconomics, exceptional work ethic, and team oriented mentality is essential for this impactful role.
About the role
- Maintain ownership of comprehensive, drivers-based financial models with an integrated set of financial statements, assumptions, and metrics. The ideal candidate will have experience with GTM financial modeling supporting consumer internet and/or enterprise SaaS business models
- Support best-in-class finance capabilities by partnering with Marketing, Sales and Product to drive financial and strategic insight through deep goal-oriented financial analysis and long-range planning
- You are comfortable with analyzing and pressure testing the long-term drivers of the business and will develop creative solutions to problems using qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. market sizing to determine product prioritization, organizational planning and its effect on org. velocity, unit economics & ROI)
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize monthly financials and key performance indicators (KPIs) reports for use by leadership teams
- Provide strong business analytic decision support on numerous revenue and cost initiatives, return on investment analyses and/or other assigned projects. Act as a strategist and key stakeholder through risk adjusted financial analyses on potential investments, choices, and trade-offs - Act as an operator through effective financial planning and analyses
- Develop a thorough and detailed understanding of both our long term strategy as well as our core product and financial metrics
- Support presentation materials (e.g. Ops reviews, Finance Leadership & Board materials) as well as contribute to other ad hoc Corporate Finance and Operations projects
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Economics, Engineering or related field preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in financial modeling, planning and analysis (ideally with a focus on Go-to-market Finance) with a track record demonstrating excellent technical skills
- Venture backed startup (Series C, D), management consulting and/or investment banking experience a plus. Prior experience at a high-growth high tech/software/fintech/SaaS organization is highly valued
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and collaborative - you will have a strong EQ and experience with partnering across matrixed organizations
- Experience building financial models and developing automated reports and dashboards
- Advanced skills in Excel and adept user GSuite with proficiency in SQL a plus. Experience with Salesforce and Hubspot is highly valued as well
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing / “can do” attitude, commitment to quality, enthusiasm, and attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity and complete professional ownership
- Strong growth mentality to seek out continuous improvement and development opportunities through a growth mindset
- Understanding and familiarity with blockchain and cryptocurrency is a plus
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD108,000 - $USD220,000
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.