Remote, Global (Highly preferred for location to be Europe or EST), Marketing, Full Time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
There are perks to building the digital economy of tomorrow:
About the Role
We’re looking for a Market Research Lead to work across a portfolio of 4 ConsenSys brands globally. These brands build products for Web3 for consumers and blockchain developers and are amongst the leaders in their categories. The candidate will report into the Brand Marketing Director.
What you’ll do
- Devise, own and execute the consumer & market research strategy for the portfolio of brands.
- Setup and run the Market Research function across the ConsenSys suite of consumer and developer products.
- Provide the Brand Marketing team with analysis, research, data and perspective from which an insight can be drawn; or upon which tangible strategic marketing decisions can be made.
- Design and activate global category reports on Web3 and crypto that include analyses of audience behaviour, consumer and/or developer attitudes and macro trends.
- Lead our quantitative and qualitative brand research efforts for the brands in the portfolio. Devise and initiate our brand tracking surveys. Collaborate with the Brand Marketing Managers to define the output, create the surveys, set objectives and manage the measurement of these objectives over time.
- Lead consumer and category research activity to help the marketing team at ConsenSys better understand our developer and consumer (where relevant) audiences for each of the brands in the portfolio. Identify opportunities to engage with new audiences and identify consumer behaviour of interest in the category as well as for each of the brands in the portfolio.
- Select and manage the research agencies that we’ll partner with to run brand tracking, focus groups and other external consumer and market research.
- Design and execute research plans to better understand the attitudes, needs and perceptions of our blockchain developer audiences. Articulate the output to relevant stakeholders to help inform product marketing decisions, partner marketing initiatives, growth strategies and marketing campaigns.
- You’ll collaborate regularly with Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, Developer Experience & Community as well as the Partner Marketing teams to share the output of our research and help to inform marketing and GTM decisions.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- At least 5 years prior experience as a Market Research lead for a consumer goods, tech or crypto company. Experience of working with products aimed at a web developer or blockchain developer audience is a bonus.
- Proven experience setting up and leading a market research function. From design of processes, workflows, vendor partnerships and team requirements.
- Proven experience of working closely with a Brand Marketing team to define, gather and deliver actionable market research and, where possible, insights upon which teams and the organisation can act.
- Proven experience of working with multiple cross-functional partners to achieve a marketing objective or common goal. The ability to navigate the complexities of a matrix organisation is essential.
- Proven ability to manage multiple brands, projects and internal stakeholders.
- An interest in, or exposure to crypto or Web3 in some capacity is essential in ensuring the candidate is able to get the most out of the role.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.