At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
ConsenSys Diligence helps developers and smart contract architects to build more secure blockchain and smart contract applications. Our full remote team, distributed all over the world, is supporting the high demand for smart contract audits in the ever growing ecosystem. We are proud to help a fast growing list of clients, including major financial institutions, corporates and crypto / DeFi native companies such as Aave, 0x, Balancer, Uniswap, Status and many more. Our aim is to make blockchain safer.
We are the creators of the MythX security analysis service, the Scribble runtime verification tool for Ethereum smart contracts, and we are leading standard setting industry references and tools, including: SWC Registry, Smart Contract Best Practices, and Blockchain Security Database, Legions (Ethereum/EVM Node Security Toolkit), Solidity Visual Developer VScode extension, and many more.
What you’ll do
At Diligence you’ll be part of the team building state-of-the-art security (analysis) tools. These tools are used by both auditors and clients (DevSecOps) to find and mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Review, maintain, and extend test and deployment configurations along the CI/CD pipeline
- Build and test mechanisms to improve uptime so we can take SLA requirements in the future
- Optimise infrastructure and deployment to make sure we stay lean and flexible
- Work on platform introspection (log aggregation, alerting, performance monitoring) to help developers find and reproduce issues.
- Participate in the DevOps on-call schedule and refine the incident handling procedures (when do we escalate what to who and how is it documented)
- Supervise Junior DevOps resource
- Contribute and maintain microservices orchestrating program analyses
- Improve and extend interfaces implementing efficient architectures
- Work on an extensive stack of DevSecOps and Security tooling (fuzzing, static analysis, etc.)
- Experience in software development with Python
- Expert with Kubernetes, Helm and Docker
- Experience setting up monitoring systems to ensure high availability, security and resilience.
- Ability to self-prioritise issues, manage operations concerns and ability to advocate for improvements and optimisations.
- Experience collaborating in an Agile work environment
Would be great if you brought this to the role:
- Experience building web services with platforms such as Django, fastapi, flask
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Filebeat, Kibana
- Experience with API paradigms such as GraphQL and REST.
- Experience efficient scaling of services based on application introspection
- Knowledge of microservice architecture paradigms
- Knowledgeable with Ethereum security tools
- Experience with Azure cloud environments
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here: https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.