People Operations & Payroll Coordinator APAC
Australia - Remote Full Time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
There are perks to building the digital economy of tomorrow:
What you’ll do:
The People Operations and Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day running of the People Operations including Payroll and Benefits across APAC — ensuring good governance is practiced.
The successful person in this position will have both a broad knowledge of the Australia and Hong Kong HR Operations including benefits landscape, pensions, insurances and modern benefits offerings.
You will be very familiar with managed service providers and able to establish well-designed processes that ensure an efficient, accurate and effective service is provided to the business. Knowledge of the Australia and Hong Kong benefits landscape will be beneficial in ensuring the company is offering a competitive suite of benefits and services.
Additionally, you’ll have demonstrable experience operating in a very fast-paced environment with multiple legal entities; being able to manage multiple payrolls on a monthly cycle while at times being able to integrate and consolidate payrolls and entities.
In collaboration with the wider Global People Operations Team, you will also be responsible for the day to day maintenance of our HR software tool Namely reviewing data, flagging any updates, building out current systems, running reports, managing training and sending weekly reports. For our APAC Payroll and Benefit Platforms, you will be serving as the admin for these tools ensuring all new hires are added to relevant platforms, verifying documentation, submitting payroll, connecting with platform reps, managing the operational piece of terminations, and communicating to the wider team on any compliance issues globally.
As well as your operational skills we’re looking for an individual who has a passion for helping others and building out systems that do that. You’ll be the doer for any operational requests that come through ZenDesk and ensure we have an active voice in our ecosystem. There will also be many opportunities to bring your unique skill set to a project you are passionate about in supporting our key goals as an operational team for the larger ConsenSys community.
Payroll & Benefits
- Manage the monthly APAC geography — ensuring adherence to timelines with a high degree of accuracy
- Work with the various payroll vendors to ensure they are delivering a high-quality service in line with service agreements
- Work closely with Finance with monthly reporting across all payrolls and legal entities — identifying areas for improvement, greater efficiency and outstanding service for the employee base
- Managing monthly payroll and ensuring data between the payroll systems and the HRIS is accurate and up to date
- Conducting periodic reporting — supporting the broader HR and Finance teams where required
- Carrying out monthly benefits processes including (but not limited to) pensions, health insurance, life assurance, maternity leave, shared parental leave, paternity leave and other voluntary benefits
- Work with benefits suppliers and team members across the geographies to ensure our benefits packages remain in line with market expectations, represent value and leverage group scale
- Participate in and where required carry-out acquisition ‘harmonization’ analyses as part of acquisition activities
- Support the People Team where needed in the delivery of executive compensation activities
- Managing APAC Visa assignments Visa requirements and compliance where required
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Highly numerate, with a keen eye for detail — comfortable highlighting where corrections need to be made in the spirit of quality outcomes and minimal errors.
- A self-starter with the ability to get things done reliably and at a speed with few resources. Fast-moving and driven and displaying a high degree of enthusiasm and energy. Able to work independently as needed but knows when to seek out appropriate help and guidance.
- Collaboration and influencing — engages and works effectively across all levels
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships. Demonstrable maturity and professionalism
- Ability to recognise the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Ability to analyze data and produce data-driven insights and recommendations
- A quick study – able to keep up with changes in legislation and regulations across multiple territories
- Sound working knowledge of HR and payroll systems
- Strong work ethic – gets the job done, professional, cooperative, determined to succeed and consistent with high-quality work
- Communication – Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and customers, including providing case updates, producing reports and escalating issues internally.
- Team Player - Will need to be a team player, enjoys working in a team environment and working with others to solve customer issues.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Gathers, verifies and assesses all appropriate and available information to gain an accurate understanding of situations. Considers a range of possible options, evaluating evidence and seeking advice where appropriate. Make clear, timely, justifiable decisions, reviewing these as necessary.
- Building Relationships – Able to develop effective relationships with Allocate colleagues. Able to respond appropriately to feedback.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.