Consensys Events Manager
At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open-source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About the Role
As the Event Manager, you are responsible for creating a flawless and unforgettable event presence to drive brand awareness. Work closely together with the Head of Events, and find relevant events and opportunities to align with those to the product. You will work closely with the Head of Events, and Marketing team, including Developer Relations as well as the product team. You will be required to understand key objectives, priorities, and product features. Daily responsibilities are as follows but are not limited to:
- Conference sponsorship event management for the product
- Speaking Opportunities logistics
- Hosting side events and supporting virtual events
- Full ownership of event management for events approved by Head of Events, organising logistics and post-campaign reporting. This includes sourcing and managing external suppliers/vendors.
- Understand how events deliver ROI for and be able to report back on effectiveness, learnings and recommendations to improve presence moving forward.
- Solutions-oriented: be able to anticipate and prepare for potential risks.
- Organise swag that is relevant and valuable to the audience.
- Proven experience in organizing and sponsoring Web3 events, an understanding of the ecosystem, audience and how to deliver great experiences.
- Be across all the relevant conferences in the Web3 space as well as other relevant industries where ConsenSys should have a presence and liaise with event organizers to understand the opportunity and the potential events have to showcase ConsenSys. You should be able to understand the difference between how ConsenSys can use these events for product showcase, brand presence/awareness and/or community building.
- Have a creative mind to make ConsenSys front and center at events with out-of-the-box ideas to build lasting memories for the community.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and deliver quality output within short timelines.
- Ability to take full ownership and organise conference sponsorships from shortlist to execution. This may include supporting or organising side events.
- Request and manage budgets and be able to deliver on ROI goals.
- Understanding of the difference between the end-user and developer audiences and tailoring relevant experiences for each.
- Available to travel to be on the ground to oversee logistics and be the point of contact for Consensys attendees.
Bonus points for:
- Existing relationships in the blockchain and Web3 industry.
- Technical understanding of Consensys, blockchain and Web3 in general.
- An understanding of NFTs, POAPs, social platforms such as Twitter and Twitter Spaces.
- An eye for design.
Why join ConsenSys?
Remote first. You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from many different countries and cultures. Want to work remotely? Go ahead. Or pop into one of our offices? We’ve got you covered in NYC, DC, Dublin, London, Paris, Brisbane and Hong Kong.
Flexible working arrangements. You can create your own journey with flexible schedules and locations. We believe everyone has the right to control their own freedom. Our people can make their own schedule, own their own time, and we encourage you to travel and work from anywhere in the world.
Continuous learning and opportunities. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. To support your development we pay for you to learn by offering unlimited access to Coursera, a platform with thousands of courses for you to learn whatever you want, and acquire new skills.
Unlimited vacation/holidays. We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. Company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days every quarter to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. Work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.