Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Finance and Accounting group
The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short and long-term future. Our mission is to support financial decision-making and corporate planning while embodying our company’s values. We thrive on a passion for blockchain technology, cryptoeconomics, exceptional work ethic, and team oriented mentality.
What you’ll do
The assistant controller will support the timely and accurate monthly close process. Reporting to the EMEA Controller, you will maintain account reconciliations and prepare the monthly international reporting package for Romania in addition to a variety of cross-functional projects including system/process improvements and reviews/audits.
- Processing and reconciling accounts payable and receivables to the general ledger;
- Process journal entries and adjustments to general ledger entries;
- Assist with regulatory filings such as VAT and corporate income tax declarations;
- Processing month-end accruals and perform closing procedures;
- Review and reconcile balance sheet accounts;
- Fixed assets accounting;
- Payroll management in Romania
- Prepare management reporting across many cost centers
- Proactively work to ensure all compliance requirements are met in a timely manner, i.e. various tax filings, statutory and statistical filings and audits
- Be a team player and collaborate closely with international team members and stakeholders to establish effective finance processes
- Embrace and rapidly adapt to change in a dynamic work environment
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Completed education in Business Administration or Accounting at Bachelor level;
- Someone who is self organized, motivated, structured, and takes ownership;
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines;
- Is knowledgeable of Local GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent practical knowledge of Excel
- Experience in working with the Workday ERP solution is a plus
- Fluent in English, Romanian & German
- International experience is beneficial, we are a global, decentralized company and are looking for people comfortable in an international environment.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.