ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
Infura is the leading infrastructure platform providing scalable and easy-to-use APIs and cloud solutions for blockchain and decentralized application developers. Infura currently offers APIs for Ethereum, IPFS, and other leading decentralized networks, allowing developers to immediately begin building instead of spending time on architecting and maintaining their own infrastructure.
Infura provides developers instant access to decentralized and blockchain networks without the need to sync or understand complicated peer to peer infrastructure. Similar to how one might access a cloud service to alleviate the friction of owning proprietary compute and storage, Infura lowers the barrier to entry for engineers to begin building.
We believe in a more equitable and decentralized future, and we know developers will be at the forefront of that progress. We want to empower developers to spend their time building, creating, and evolving by providing them with the best and easiest solution to their infrastructure needs.
Some things to know about the Infura team: we are a remote first company, with team members all over the world. We strive to reduce meetings, respect work life balance, promote diversity, and generally be good people. We depend on each other not only to make an amazing product but to be a group that wants to succeed together.
About the Role
Developers are the backbone to innovation and make the Web3 ecosystem tick. Infura is growing rapidly and seeking a Developer Evangelist to help us inspire and equip a global network of developers who will build decentralized applications disrupting traditional finance and other industries. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this position is waiting for you to jump in with both feet and build out the role using your experience, intelligence and savviness to organize and foster the Infura developer community.
We focus on generating awareness about Infura by rolling up our sleeves, contributing to the ecosystem, and enabling others to become evangelists outside the company as well. Not afraid to be hands-on, you might write sample code, author client libraries, and work with strategic Infura partners, users and customers to excite and engage our developer communities.
- Be an active and authentic participant in developer communities wherever they gather online and offline - forums, social media, etc.
- Actively foster the development and value of the developer community forum.
- Help create experiences which inspire developers to build amazing applications using Infura’s APIs
- Create engaging content, including technical talks, blog posts, demos, and videos, that educate developers on important technologies and trends.
- Participate in the growing Web3 community as an attendee, panelist and speaker at conferences, meetups and hackathons.
- Work with internal teams to give feedback on product roadmaps, market positioning, and developer program activities
- Collaborate closely with the ConsenSys DevRel team, and be a coordinator between our teams
- Manage responsibilities and tasks associated with product and/or business changes that impact the community - including messaging and community FAQs about these changes
- Lead the conversation around the latest technology advancements and best practices in the developer community
- Demonstrated experience creating technical content and developer-facing materials that cover concepts and technologies in the developer and technologist workflow (e.g. APIs, Microservices,DevOps, CI/CD, public Cloud, containers, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience and regular participation in developer community forums.
- Experience giving talks and developing demos, workshops, webinars, videos and other content for a technical audience.
- Ability to create white papers and blog posts that are compelling, accurate, and authentic, translating complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Ability to manage the fast moving conference schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is desired, but equivalent professional experience will be considered.
- Hands-on experience with and a solid understanding of the Web3 ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience defining, building, and delivering products on Web3 including the ability to write sample code is a plus.
- Being an active supporter of Infura in existing community forums and social media outlets is a plus.
- Be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 25-50% of the time, when it is safe to travel.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.