ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit here.
About the role:
Are you someone who excels in software development because it means you’re always learning? Do you excel in explaining challenging concepts to people at any level of expertise? Then this is the position for you.
Academy runs the best-in-class blockchain education experience. Our audiences include business users, software developers, legal/compliance/regulatory personnel, professors/teachers, and the general public. Our trainers are experts and leaders in the blockchain space. We serve as in-person and virtual instructors to customers, partners and other members of the ConsenSys organization.
- Delivering training courses and programs covering blockchain and Ethereum technology, applications and use cases, and material on ConsenSys products. Training delivery may be conducted in a variety of places including traditional training spaces, remote office locations, client office locations, plus industry conferences and events
- Assisting with the Blockchain Developer Bootcamp, our popular online course for learning blockchain and Ethereum development. This will require engaging with the Bootcamp community of developers and helping to improve the course.
- Maintaining and Developing Educational Content The blockchain space is constantly changing, this requires content to be created and updated frequently. You will also need to edit and provide feedback on peers content.
- Collaborating with Developer Evangelists, Product Marketing Managers, Technical Writers, and Technical Documentation maintainers to create educational content that can be used in mutually beneficial contexts, such as for marketing and evangelism purposes.
- Engaging with the Greater Blockchain Developer Community ConsenSys is a leader in the blockchain world and you will represent the company at conferences, meet-ups and other gatherings, virtual and in-person.
- Significant Experience delivering highly technical training content to a variety of audiences, OR the interest in doing so combined with established technical abilities in Ethereum, blockchain, or an adjacent space such as big data, frontend development or enterprise software.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing markets, customers and our organization.
Rigorous Prioritizer Demand will always outstrip capacity in this role, should be able to clearly prioritize and manage tasks with competing importance.
- Understand Complex Technical Concepts and explain them to non-technical trainees
Follow-Through Being able to commit to good estimations around time and ability on tasks. Can also signal as soon as things look like they will take longer than expected.
- Communicate Effectively on both a technical and business level to a mostly remote team
Nice to have:
- 3-5+ years of software development experience
- Previous experience in teaching institutions
- Previous experience in a start-up environment
- Blockchain Bootcamp alumni are encouraged to apply
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.