ConsenSys is the leading blockchain software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and decentralized finance activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.
This role is part of ConsenSys Professional Services.
At ConsenSys Professional Services, we work with the world’s leading Fortune 500 corporations and governments to design, develop and deploy blockchain platforms that create real business value. Our customers and partners include many of the largest global banks, Microsoft, the European Commission, Komgo and Covantis. We work as an agile, globally integrated team of approximately 150 engineers, designers, consultants, architects, scrum masters and program managers.
If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. To explore our products and solutions, visit consensys.net !
The Solution Architect will play an integral part in supporting the successful outcomes of all Enterprise activities and first and foremost project delivery. You will work on different delivery projects as an Architect, making sure that the software delivery meets customer requirements.
This is a technical role, meaning, that you are expected to be able to coach software engineers and review code.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Guide and assist the development team in the delivery process, providing architectural blueprints, organizing technical sessions and reviewing code if needed.
- Ensure the deadlines of the delivery are going to be met by the development team
- Ensure the application is working properly, meeting all requirements
- Lead technical sales process for numerous customers day to day; from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, up-selling, and subscription renewals)
- Understand, evangelize and educate on the businesses value of blockchain
- Continuously learn and update your skills and knowledge in quickly evolving technologies
Required experience and skills:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working on Enterprise-grade projects
- 2+ years of experience as an Architect or Tech Lead on Enterprise-grade projects
Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Crucial to have worked through the full application lifecycle experience for at least one enterprise software project, having a big picture understanding of all the pieces at play
- Understanding modern and/or blockchain applications architecture from conception, design, technology evaluation, pilot program, sizing, implementation, maintenance, and support
- Experience in designing Application Architecture diagrams, Infrastructure Architecture, Sequence diagrams
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps best practices and main tools
- Experience in a customer-facing delivery and/or pre-sales role
- Communication skills (workshops, public speaking, adapt from C-level to developers)
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- High levels of emotional intelligence and the ability to work collaboratively with people and synthesize insights
- Experience in Agile project management
- Ability to make methodical design trade off decisions to meet desired qualities in a solution (e.g., throughput, scalability, confidentiality and privacy, security, usability and maintainability)
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
Nice to have:
- Ethereum or other major enterprise blockchain platform experience
- Implementing smart contracts in Solidity
- Development of highly used scalable applications
- Knowledge of token economics, crypto sphere understanding or DeFi
- DevOps knowledge (Kubernetes, Terraform, pipelines)
- Experience working in a start-up culture and in remote working practices
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Continuous learning and improvement. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.