ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit Blockchain Technology Solutions | Ethereum Solutions | ConsenSys.
This role is part of ConsenSys Professional Services.
At ConsenSys Professional Services, we work with the world’s leading Fortune 500 corporations and governments to design, develop and deploy blockchain platforms that create real business value. Our customers and partners include many of the largest global banks, Microsoft, the European Commission, Komgo and Covantis. We work as an agile, globally integrated team of approximately 150 engineers, designers, consultants, architects, scrum masters and program managers. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. To explore our products and solutions, visit here.
Blockchain technology and “DeFi” are changing finance by making it accessible and equitable to everyone, everywhere. You’ll play an integral part in this transformation by making interacting with complex financial and blockchain data not only simpler and better, but delightful.
As a Blockchain/Solidity Developer you will join a world class technical team with State of the Art expertise in developing & delivering advanced decentralized applications across various crypto/DeFi use cases (NFTs, staking, lending/borrowing, trading/AMMs) and institutional use cases (digital assets and payments). You will join a multinational agile team where you will be responsible for the delivery of Solidity smart contracts and DApps in production to a wide range of users.
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 1+ years of Solidity smart contract development experience
- 2+ years of as Frontend, Backend or Full Stack Developer (React, Node.js, ideally Typescript)
- Experience developing, deploying and running DApps/smart contracts in production on Ethereum mainnet or L2/sidechain (ideally DeFi DApps/protocols and/or token-based use cases)
- Knowledge of secure Solidity development patterns for tokens and DeFi protocols
- Good knowledge of most prominent ERC/EIP Ethereum standards
- Good knowledge of smart contract development tools/frameworks (Truffle, Hardhat)
- Experience using smart contract auditing tools (MythX, other)
- Experience working in a CI/CD setup
- High quality and testing standards
- Good documentation practises
Bonus points for
- Experience developing and contributing to open source projects (incl. but not limited to Solidity open source codebases)
- Familiarity with DeFi protocols mechanics and smart contract codebases, and/or digital assets/payments and other token standards like ERC-777/20/721/1155/1400 and existing open source implementations (OpenZeppelin, Universal Token, etc.)
- Knowledge/understanding of cross-chain interoperability techniques (HTLC, bridging)
- Knowledge/understanding of L2 technologies (ZK/optimistic rollups, PoS/PoA sidechains)
- Experience using smart contract auditing techniques (fuzzing, other)
- Deep knowledge/experience understanding of EVM
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
Other skills to demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
- Ability to share knowledge and train other developers
- Willingness to constantly learn, improve and challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Location and work environment
At ConsenSys Professional Services, we do our best to allow team members to work remotely, however this is not always possible when working on Enterprise client projects. We strive to take into account the personal circumstances of our team members, and in return we ask for your understanding and flexibility.
We have physical offices in New York, Dublin, London, Paris and Hong Kong. Some of our team members work from home in other countries and cities. Occasional travel will be required for client meetings, and some projects may require being at the client’s location. On average this happens 20% of the time (obviously much less during COVID), but some projects may require more substantial on-site work with client teams.
To be employed in a country, you need to have an existing employment visa in that country and speak the local language fluently.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Continuous learning and improvement. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.