We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone around the world.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
About the Team
The MetaMask design team is a quickly growing group of talented Product Designers, Researchers, Design System Designers, and Content Designers who are designing new and complex experiences to help define the future of Web3. It’s of highest importance that we raise the bar for design, communicate and collaborate efficiently, and establish processes in order to scale the product and team and deliver on our mission.
About the Role
We are looking for a Program Manager who will be responsible for driving operational excellence for our Design team. This means implementing processes, systems, and tooling solutions to raise the bar of design quality/efficiency and operationalize a rapidly growing Design team.
What you’ll do:
- Identify operational and process gaps and pain-points for the Design Team and cross-functional partners.
- Create and implement scalable improvements and solutions across tooling, systems, and processes.
- Create well-structured documentation in support of design principles, processes, systems, and programs.
- Help coordinate critical and complex design programs across teams and functions.
- Collaborates with Design Leads to improve and clarify the design team process - including collaboration and process management between product design, research, and content design. Clarify the design sign-off process, engineering handoff guidelines, and marketing involvement.
- Work closely with product and project managers to define design work requirements, understand size/level of complexity, and estimate and align on schedule and implementation plan.
- Support Design Leads and Product teams in design scoping and facilitate planning efforts to help Designers prioritize their work.
- Collaborate with Design Leads and Product to allocate designers time on projects and monitor status and completion.
- Track designers’ workload and help designers manage work effectively and efficiently.
- Implement ‘Best Practice’ project tracking/resource allocation frameworks that will improve visibility and collaboration across teams.
- Track open design issues across teams and platforms; collaborate with Design Leads and PMs ensure work is clearly defined, delegated, and monitored.
- Ensure that designers are able to track design issues through the entire lifecycle - through development, QA process, and reviewing designs before release to ensure design quality.
- Help operationalize and onboard new team members and consider the designer experience of MetaMask across the entire designer journey from onboarding to off-boarding.
Who we’re looking for:
- 2-3+ years of work experience in UX/design program management or operations.
- Highly skilled at organization, planning, and process development.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and sharp attention to detail.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactiveness and be self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment.
- Enjoy solving hard problems and creating actionable processes and plans from ambiguous inputs.
- Excellent at managing timelines, delivering projects on time, and helping others in time management.
- A positive, collaborative, low-ego attitude.
- A belief in our mission and values.
- Timezone: EST / PST ideally, or you are able to have ~4 hours overlap with the American time zones (core hours: 9am-1pm PST)
- Basic blockchain expertise or knowledge.
- Experience as a Product Designer or other UX role.
- Certificate in Project or Program Management
- Certificate in Agile
- You’re a MetaMask user!
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.