Remote, Full Time
At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open-source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About ConsenSys NFT Business
ConsenSys’ NFT Business Unit is in search of people passionate about the fusion of NFTs, utility, narrative and creativity. We are passionate about unlocking new possibilities with NFTs, pushing the boundaries of creativity with fan, brand and user engagement, exploring these new possibilities deeply through narrative and visuals, and making them a reality.
ConsenSys partners with some of the largest firms in the world, including dozens of Fortune 100 clients, governments and the largest global banks. We are backed by JP Morgan, Mastercard and UBS.
Our Web 3.0 products and technology are the most used in the industry, with tens of millions of existing users globally - supported by our global customer support organisation. We have been operating large scale, public blockchain infrastructure for more than five years, which is used across our industry and the largest NFT and crypto players in the world, including Coinbase, Palm, Sorare, Decentraland, Guild of Guardians, and dozens of others.
Our Eulerbeats NFT platform has been called “the most genius idea ever” by Mark Cuban, and it has distributed more than $5m to its user base through NFT royalties.
ConsenSys is not just NFT players, but we have expertise up and down the entire technology stack all the way down to Layer 1 Ethereum.
We are looking for a diverse group of creators and technologists who are interested in day to day exciting challenges, who are resilient, and who thrive in the exciting and fast-moving NFT industry.
What you’ll do:
As Art Director of our sports vertical you will work closely with the Creative Director to oversee and execute on design work related to our sports businesses. You will need deep experience in both traditional graphic art direction AND product design. You will tap into both to create meaningful and emotional digital experiences and products. Our creative team is driven by innovation and design. We are looking for an experienced manager, who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience. Combined with your love and passion for Sports you will help our creative team score by tapping into design solutions that are as passionate as sport fans are.
- Oversee multiple working groups in the creative team by training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring staff
- Establish standards for production, productivity, and quality
- Ensure team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support design operations
- Collaborate with marketing and sales divisions in creating communication materials
- Helping to align team priorities with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget
- Develop presentation approaches, styles, and techniques for the team to implement
- Analyze market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape for the Sports vertical
- Work to support the Creative Director and ensure work ladders up to their unified vision and strategy
Qualifications for Art Director, Sports:
- People skills - In this role you will interact with multiple stakeholders and groups with varying knowledge and experience with the creative process - your success will depend largely on your ability to successfully on-board disparate POVs into a unified vision.
- Hands-on - This role will require you to be a hands-on creative directly contributing to the creation of assets and deliverables.
- Attention to detail - Key to the success of this role will be the ability to successfully manage thousands of deliverables, across several large projects.
- Strong communication skills - In this highly collaborative role you will need to be able to effectively communicate training, processes and updates to everyone.
- Flexibility - An ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure are essential skills since projects, campaigns and business objectives will constantly be moving and changes can happen rapidly.
- 8+ years as a professional graphic designer with 4+ years of experience in management role
- Passion and love for European Football
- Specific experience as an Art Director for a gaming or mobile app company with “always-on” digital experiences is a plus.
- Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma et al.
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
Would be great if you brought this to the role:
- Experience working in web3 and / or NFT projects
- The ability to set the bar for best practices around creative process
- The soft and hard skills need to increase efficiency of in-house teams by improving process and workflows with best-in-class practices
- Work with the entire creative team to helm a creative audit to elevate our innovation
- Conceptualize project vision, harnessing original graphics to create impactful copy, content websites, social media, and other materials
- Develop creative briefs based on ideas established in brainstorming sessions with direction, schedules, and expected deliverables for the creative team and our partners
- Delegate projects to in-house designers and oversee work
- Obtain team approval by presenting final layouts, storyboards, and illustrations, encouraging members to provide feedback, and responding to internal commentary and requests
- Present or oversee presentation of final concepts to the Creative Leadership team and coordinate production and dissemination for cross-organizational use
- Participate in and provide regular opportunities for professional development and growth to team
- Report progress of projects at major stages of their conception, creation, and execution
- Work across a number of projects simultaneously, maintaining standards and supporting the creative team so they can produce the best work possible
- Ensure designs and content reflect consistently and positively the brand image and company ideals
- Anticipate problems that may impede a project from completing on time and implement solutions
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here. #Li
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.