Remote, Full Time
At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About ConsenSys NFT Business Unit
ConsenSys’ NFT Business Unit is in search of people passionate about the fusion of NFTs, utility, narrative and creativity. We are passionate about unlocking new possibilities with NFTs, pushing the boundaries of creativity with fan, brand and user engagement, exploring these new possibilities deeply through narrative and visuals, and making them a reality.
ConsenSys partners with some of the largest firms in the world, including dozens of Fortune 100 clients, governments and the largest global banks. We are backed by JP Morgan, Mastercard and UBS.
Our Web 3.0 products and technology are the most used in the industry, with tens of millions of existing users globally - supported by our global customer support organisation. We have been operating large scale, public blockchain infrastructure for more than five years, which is used across our industry and the largest NFT and crypto players in the world, including Coinbase, Palm, Sorare, Decentraland, Guild of Guardians, and dozens of others.
Our Eulerbeats NFT platform has been called “the most genius idea ever” by Mark Cuban, and it has distributed more than $5m to its user base through NFT royalties.
ConsenSys is not just NFT players, but we have expertise up and down the entire technology stack all the way down to Layer 1 Ethereum.
We are looking for a diverse group of creators and technologists who are interested in day to day exciting challenges, who are resilient, and who thrive in the exciting and fast-moving NFT industry.
About the Role:
The Technical Project Manager for ConsenSys NFT is a key member of the project management team.The ConsenSys NFT team is a fantastic collection of product managers, designers, developers, project managers and business analysts. Everyone has some experience of agile, some more than others. You will be coordinating project delivery with our NFT platform team helping to guide our project stakeholders through the agile development process. This includes proactively creating and managing tickets daily and keeping our development ticket boards up to date. You will be central to ensuring our tickets have meaningful descriptions of the work in scope, accurate estimates, appropriate priority, are correctly linked to the associated Epics and provide a clear definition of done. You will also ensure that team members understand assignments and are unblock when they face roadblocks.
Getting all the right stakeholders across the ConsenSys NFT team involved is super important. You will play a key role in helping to plan ceremonies so that stakeholders are participating and informed. During planning meetings or backlog grooming you will be keeping a watchful eye on our boards and managing them in real time.
Our team is constantly looking at where we can make improvements. With that in mind it is necessary to understand how projects are doing and where we can do better. You will play your part in that by tracking & reporting on project team metrics leveraging JIRA and/or other tool capabilities. Our goal is to be able to truly visualize work, to see what's in the backlog waiting, what is currently in progress, and what have we successfully delivered. This visibility will help the product management team plan more efficiently & support our team in managing their workload.
- Facilitate standups as needed - make sure the team is aligned on deliverables and have the right amount of tasks at hand. Aid the team by eliminating external blockers and managing internal roadblocks through process or workflow improvements.
- Support weekly planning meetings – Protect the team from over-committing and scope creep. Aid in estimation and sub task creation. Planning meetings are organized in coordination with product managers and tech lead.
- Facilitate sprint reviews & retrospectives as needed – Plan meetings and capture feedback. Note areas for improvement and action items for future releases.
- Work as the administrator of our board. Ensure that cards/tickets are up to date and the project management tool (we use Jira software) is working well.
- Reporting - Regular analysis of burndown charts and other portfolio planning tools to understand what gets built and at what cadence.
- Help ensure that we ship at a healthy cadence at the same time as manage objectives, priorities, trade-offs, issues and risks for our team.
- Assist product managers in defining timelines and prioritizations that satisfy key stakeholders.
- Extensive experience leading, coordinating, and facilitating software teams and sprints
- Experience with Agile project management and Agile tools (e.g., Confluence, Jira, etc)
- You’re a practicing “Scrum Master” and/or Technical Project Manager, or you have extensive past experience in these areas
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- Deep understanding of a variety of agile processes and product development methodologies.
- A proven track record of shipping delightful products
- Strong organization and documentation skills and an ability to gather requirements, acceptance criteria, definition of done, etc.
- Comfortable with product ownership and decision-making, in collaboration with product managers
- Experience tracking team capacity and time spent on tasks.
- Excellent communication and social skills
- You’re a certified Agile practitioner (e.g. CSM, CSPO, PMI-ACP, etc)
- Familiarity with and interest in blockchain products (especially NFTs), and an eagerness to learn more.
- Working hours are 9am-5pm Pacific time or Eastern time or Western Europe time, with core hours being 9am - 1pm Pacific time. You should be online and able to have synchronous meetings during that time.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here. #LI
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.