At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
Why join ConsenSys?
Remote first. You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from many different countries and cultures. Want to work remotely? Go ahead. Or pop into one of our offices? We’ve got you covered in NYC, DC, Dublin, London, Paris, Brisbane and Hong Kong.
Flexible working arrangements. You can create your own journey with flexible schedules and locations. We believe everyone has the right to control their own freedom. Our people can make their own schedule, own their own time, and we encourage you to travel and work from anywhere in the world.
Continuous learning and opportunities. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. To support your development we pay for you to learn by offering unlimited access to Coursera, a platform with thousands of courses for you to learn whatever you want, and acquire new skills.
Unlimited vacation/holidays. We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. Company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days every quarter to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. Work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
What you’ll do
The Director of Global Payroll will be responsible for developing the overall strategic vision for Consensys’ payroll department, as well as leading the day-to-day operations which include supporting international expansion efforts and overseeing payroll operations and compliance. This is a hands-on leadership role responsible for building scalable business processes for our payroll department and ensuring our internal control environment is effective. You will also play a key role in the implementation and optimization of systems/processes.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Provide strategic leadership for Payroll operations while measuring and monitoring the effectiveness and efficiencies of the services provided.
- Drive the strategic direction of the Payroll function ensuring that Consensys’ payroll systems and processes are operating at a best in class level of automation, efficiency, effectiveness and scale.
- Oversee global payroll operations, including ensuring accurate and efficient payroll processing, compliance with US and foreign securities regulations and tax requirements, and month-end close procedures.
- Manage global payroll service providers, communicate changes for international employees and have a basic understanding of global privacy regulations (i.e. GDPR).
- Partner with the Stock Administration and People teams to manage stock-based compensation processing in payroll, including stock option exercises, RSUs and ESPP, to ensure payroll tax compliance.
- Drive implementation of payroll processes as part of international expansion efforts.
- Identify recommendations to scale processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency including the design and implementation of internal controls and maintain payroll policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage international payrolls for approximately 600 employees in conjunction with third-party vendors.
- Owns global data quality and ongoing data improvements to deliver accurate and reliable workforce data with corresponding workforce reporting and analytics.
- Develops payroll procedures, controls and supervises the preparation, documentation, and disbursement of payroll-related payments. Implement new approaches, policies and procedures that affect continual improvements in efficiency of services performed.
- Partner with internal departments including finance, IT, and legal, security, compliance, and manage external payroll service vendor relationships.
- Develop and oversee the preparation of various payroll related documents (e.g. compliance reports, retirement plan transfers, payroll registers, W2 controls, etc.).
- Remain current on new legislation and regulatory ruling impacting payroll. Enforce adherence and advise management on required actions.
- Review and approve all Regional payroll funding, wires, and manual check requests.
- Assist with external audits (e.g. 401(k) audit, worker's compensation, multi-jurisdictions tax) by providing supporting records and documentations
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance / Accounting, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in payroll operations, operating at a global, multi-national, publicly-traded company.
- Experience with PEO payroll solutions and moving those services in-house.
- Expert knowledge of US federal, state, and local payroll regulations, including payroll tax, reporting, and required filings.
- High level of familiarity with international payroll and compliance requirements.
- Strong project management experience including the ability to manage project plans, dependencies, critical path activities and milestones.
- Experience transforming a payroll function to maximize automation, scalability and cost effectiveness.
- Excels in hyper-growth environments; versatile, capable of managing multiple projects and tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively with cross-functional business partners, internal/external stakeholders and various levels of management.
- Thorough understanding of all areas of information systems with a highly technical understanding of at least one commercial HRIS product
- Direct and clear written and verbal communicator
- Strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Ability to work independently, manage shifting priorities, demonstrate good personal judgment, and handle tasks
- Advanced level of proficiency using Microsoft Office (Vlookups, and Pivot tables)
- Adaptable to a fast-changing work environment while able to work well under stress and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and mindset for automation and improvements to improve processes for scalability
- Licenses/Certificates Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.