At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
The Senior Revenue Analyst will primarily be responsible for executing on the processes and controls related to the accounting, management reporting, and financial statement reporting of revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable transactions.
In addition, this role will be involved in the execution of the order to cash process, pricing, revenue forecasting, and other special projects.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in preparing technical revenue memos annually, such as standalone selling price, cost to fulfill, and customer life.
- Daily review as deals close to ensure appropriate accounting, including reviewing the accuracy of invoices to be sent to clients. Document revenue accounting conclusions related to each deal and ensure revenue arrangements are set up appropriately.
- Assist in creating risk and control matrices and related process and policy documents for respective processes. Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Prepare month-end general ledger close activities, including preparing journal entries and reconciliations for revenue and revenue-related accounts (e.g., deferred revenue, contract assets/liabilities, accounts receivable, and reserves).
- Prepare reports and analyses to be included in the monthly reporting package to be provided to Company executives related to revenue, remaining performance obligations, product margins, and others as needed.
- Assist in preparing disclosures for financial statements related to revenue.
- Partner with our Customer Success and Professional Services teams to provide guidance and process for tracking hours delivered to customers.
- Work closely with our external auditors and throughout the year ensuring that the quality of our accounting records are in compliance with our policies and GAAP.
- Assist in various special projects as they arise. Projects may involve the implementation of new systems, project accounting, creation of shared service centers, etc.
- Work with cross functional teams as needed (Sales, Legal, and Operations) on non-standard contracts to assess & summarize impact on revenue recognition.
- Help streamline the order-to-cash process and reduce the time required to close each month.
- Provide flux analysis for major deferred revenue accounts.
- Assist in preparation of revenue related memos.
Would be great if you brought this to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a CPA (preferred).
- 3+ years revenue Saas contract review experience (mix of public and corporate accounting).
- Experience working at a software/SaaS company.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP/ASC 606.
- Previous experience with NetSuite is a plus.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here: https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.