ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net.
About ConsenSys Quorum
ConsenSys Quorum is an open source protocol layer that provides developers with the flexibility and reliability needed to make their blockchain applications successful. ConsenSys Quorum comprises a suite of configurable components and APIs, enabling you to customize your use case and production environment. Confidently join the hundreds of enterprises already running reliable, production applications on Quorum.
About the Role
As a performance-focused engineer, you will help make our Ethereum clients best-in-class in terms of performance. Specifically, this means standing up Ethereum nodes, profiling them to find the largest bottlenecks, and improving upon them with the collaboration of the engineering team. You will also be responsible for growing and standardizing the tool suite that we use to measure performance, and working with key stakeholders to determine the highest leverage areas to focus our performance efforts on.
- Previous experience as a dedicated performance engineer
- Proven experience with an object-oriented programming language
- Proven experience performance testing web applications and API’s
- Experience of setting up the performance tests from requirements gathering to test reporting
- Experience in creating realistic performance testing scripts and scenarios
- Creating profiling scenarios
- Running them with a profiler
- Investigating results for bottlenecks
- Optimizing bottlenecks found
- Creating benchmarks to monitor possible performance regressions
- Memory profiling for finding observed/potential leaks
- Memory profiling for optimizing heap (native memory) consumption
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Monitoring performance in production systems
- Building and deploying tooling to monitor performance (Yourkit, Java VisualVM)
- Familiarity with Ethereum or blockchains generally
- Professional Java work experience
Don't check all of the boxes?
Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class development team in our chaotic-but-fun, remote friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.