We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 10,000,000 monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
About the role
We are looking for collaborative product managers to help drive iterative development of our roadmap and guide MetaMask product teams. In this role, you will ensure that MetaMask continues to support our mission of democratizing access to the decentralized web. To accomplish this, you will:
- Build a deep understanding of our users and existing products.
- Help establish our product vision and strategy, and empower team members to champion that strategy in their work.
- Assist with yearly, quarterly, and sprint prioritization processes.
- Coordinate with engineers, designers, and project managers in order to ship delightful experiences to users.
- Organize a product’s roadmap with an an emphasis on minimum viable product, iterative improvement, and releasing often
We believe that a great candidate:
- Shares the MetaMask vision and values
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Builds relationships and trust with care and intention
- Is high on autonomy and collaboration, low on authority and hierarchy
- Brings a strong understanding of the Ethereum ecosystem and the broader decentralized web
- Is open-minded to new ideas with a mindset of continuous learning
- Incorporates experimentation and iteration in their product development work
- Prizes learning from real users and making data-driven decisions
- Organizes experiments and releases that test our riskiest assumptions sooner
- 3+ years of experience in product management, working with cross-functional teams to deliver successful products
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Deep understanding of iterative product development methodologies - such as lean startup and agile methodologies
- Ability to get into details to ensure successful execution while understanding the strategic level impact of the work
- Confident communicating about hard technical challenges, and comfortable collaborating on complex technical product decisions with engineers
- Comfortable collaborating on UX challenges with designers
- Deep user empathy and experience, bringing together user research, insights & data
- Strong organization and documentation skills with the ability to write user stories, acceptance criteria, and technical infrastructure requirements
- Experience leading product on open-source projects
- Experience managing mobile or browser extension software product
- You’re a MetaMask user!
About ConsenSys Software
ConsenSys Software is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.