ConsenSys is the leading blockchain software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and decentralized finance activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.
This role is part of ConsenSys Professional Services.
At ConsenSys Professional Services, we work with the world’s leading Fortune 500 corporations and governments to design, develop and deploy blockchain platforms that create real business value. Our customers and partners include many of the largest global banks, Microsoft, the European Commission, Komgo and Covantis. We work as an agile, globally integrated team of approximately 150 engineers, designers, consultants, architects, scrum masters and program managers.
If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. To explore our products and solutions, click here
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at ConsenSys you will join a world class technical team, with state of the art expertise in developing & delivering advanced decentralized applications (Dapps). You will join multinational agile teams working on Enterprise client projects where you will be responsible for the delivery of frontend, backend services and/or blockchain smart contracts.
Most of our team members have one area of “deep” expertise (most often back-end development in Node.js / Typescript) as well as some generalist knowledge and a willingness to learn more in other areas (smart contract / blockchain development, front-end).
The project team size, scope and your own responsibilities will vary from project to project. For example, you may play the role of a tech lead during a 3-month, 4 people project, or you may contribute to the delivery of a service within a much larger 30-50 people project during 12 months.
As you gain more experience, you will be expect to contribute more in defining the technology vision of a project, enforcing best practice and training/coaching your team. You will also take part in the implementation of reusable product components and libraries that will be deployed by other ConsenSys teams around the world.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working on Enterprise-grade projects
- Mastery of one of the following disciplines:
- Back-end development: Typescript / Node.js (preference for Nest.js framework)
- Front-end development: React.js
- Blockchain / smart contract development: Solidity / Ethereum, Web3.js or Ethers.js library
- Experience with: PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Experience and/or willingness to learn about the other disciplines listed above
- Experience working on agile projects in an Enterprise setting
- Experience working in CI/CD setup
- Experience with micro-services architectures
Bonus points for
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
- Understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- DevOps experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience in deploying blockchain infrastructure
Other skills to demonstrate
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
- Willingness to constantly learn and improve
Location and work environment
At ConsenSys Professional Services, we do our best to allow team members to work remotely, however this is not always possible when working on Enterprise client projects. We strive to take into account the personal circumstances of our team members, and in return we ask for your understanding and flexibility.
We have physical offices in New York, Dublin, London, Paris and Hong Kong. Some of our team members work from home in other countries and cities.
Occasional travel will be required for client meetings, and some projects may require being at the client’s location. On average this happens 20% of the time, but this can vary between 0% and 100% depending on the project and period.
To be employed in a country, you need to have an existing employment visa in that country and speak the local language fluently.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Continuous learning and improvement. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.