Consensys Software’s mission is to create the new internet. We are a blockchain technology company building infrastructure, tools and applications to enable developers and enterprises to build Web3. Focused on Ethereum, the world’s largest blockchain, our technology enables our customers to harness the value of blockchain and consensus based systems.
The Marketing team of ConsenSys drives commercial outcomes for the company across its product suite, and grows the total addressable market through developer relations and community development. The CMO is part of senior leadership at ConsenSys and works with other leaders in order to set key objectives across channels and strategies, and manages the Marketing team to implement the tactics and deliverables that lead to key results. The role spans our developer-focused activities (Truffle, Infura, Quorum), user-focused products (MetaMask, Codefi), and the institutional footprint (Quorum, Codefi, Sales, Services). A successful candidate will have a strong background in marketing execution, leadership and management, and a quantitative orientation. An understanding of blockchain technology and Decentralized Finance is required. A passion for blockchain-based software, developer communities, financial technology, and decentralization are a strong plus.
- Define objectives for the ConsenSys Marketing function in partnership with other senior leaders of the organization
- Drive implementation / execution of Marketing strategies and tactics to achieve key results as set on a quarterly and annual basis
- Empower Marketing team leads across the Direct (Developer and B2C) and Institutional channels to succeed in their roles and deliver commercial outcomes across our product suite (MetaMask, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, Diligence)
- Empower our Developer Relations / Community Management team to grow the addressable market for our products and the overall Ethereum ecosystem
- Instill a culture of practice, performance, and data orientation through consistent project management across social media, web, chat, content, and video assets
- Support and enable the Brand and PR teams to tell a compelling and coherent narrative about ConsenSys and the role of the company and its products in the emergence of the decentralized web
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 10+ years of experience in technology, financial services, or fintech companies, of which 5 was focused on a leadership or management role in a Marketing function
- Demonstrated track record of delivering on growth metrics, such as web traffic, leads, client conversions, and revenue generation (millions of daily users, tens or hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue)
- Understanding of how to manage a complex portfolio of products with multiple brands, customer audiences, and conversion funnels
- Experience managing to a budget and making trade-off decisions between marketing programs, based on quantitative analysis and product outcomes
- Strong project management capability and detail orientation
- Experience growing passionate user or developer communities in order to catalyze market adoption of technologies
- Ability to effectively manage a complex, remote-first team with a diverse set of backgrounds, opinions, and working styles
- A collaborative approach to working with stakeholders with a variety of reasoned views and expectations
- Ability to leverage a professional network to achieve business objectives, and grow the team as the business matures
- Understanding of the Ethereum developer ecosystem (Web3) and the Web2 developer ecosystems, and a view towards how to drive Web3 adoption
- Understanding of decentralized finance and financial technology, its growth vectors, and the key attributes of its community
PREFERRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong writing and editing skills, and a view around coherent visual identity
- An MBA or another advanced degree from a reputed University
- Worked in company cultures that bring together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working.
- Have experience in a startup or as an entrepreneur.
Why join ConsenSys?
- Remote first. You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from many different countries and cultures. Want to work remotely? Go ahead. Or pop into one of our offices? We’ve got you covered in NYC, DC, Dublin, London, Paris, Brisbane and Hong Kong.
- Flexible working arrangements. You can create your own journey with flexible schedules and locations. We believe everyone has the right to control their own freedom. Our people can make their own schedule, own their own time, and we encourage you to travel and work from anywhere in the world.
- Continuous learning and opportunities. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. To support your development we pay for you to learn by offering unlimited access to Coursera, a platform with thousands of courses for you to learn whatever you want, and acquire new skills.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays. We value downtime to recharge and reset ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. Company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days every quarter to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. Work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.