TL;DR.: Be respectful to people in the community. Harassment and abuse are never tolerated. If you are in a situation that makes you uncomfortable at a ConsenSys owned/facilitated event or platform or if interacting with someone within the environment makes you uncomfortable, please report it using the procedures outlined below.
A primary goal of ConsenSys Software Inc. is to be inclusive to the largest number of participants and contributors. We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, ability, ethnicity, and religion. This Code of Conduct reflects our values and outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community. We invite all those who participate in ConsenSys activities to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone to nurture an innovation-first culture driven by collaboration.
Open [Source/Culture/Tech] Citizenship
A supplemental goal of this Code of Conduct is to increase open [source/culture/tech] citizenship by encouraging participants to recognize and strengthen the relationships between our actions and their efforts for our users, community members, and our product offerings. Communities mirror the societies in which they exist and positive action is essential to counteract the many forms of inequality and abuses of power that exist in society.
If you see someone who is making an extra effort to ensure our community is welcoming, friendly, and encourages all participants to contribute to the fullest extent, we would love to know.
The following behaviours are expected and requested of all community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of the community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert the community organizers if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct.
- Remember that community event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Offensive verbal or written comments related to
- Sexual orientation
- Physical appearance
- Race or religion
- Social and/or economic status
- Veteran status
- Sensitive direct/indirect cases of harassment including (but not limited to)
- Sharing sexual images
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking, following, brigading, or doxxing
- Photography or recording while making someone feel uncomfortable
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact, and/or unwelcome sexual attention.
Attendees should not use sexualised images, activities, or other material both in their content/hacks and/or during the event in any form. If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, ConesnSys may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no eligibility for reimbursement or refund of any type. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact ConsenSys using the reporting procedures defined below.
ConsenSys representatives can help participants contact campus security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance and contributions. We expect participants to follow these rules at all our event venues, online interactions in relation to the event, event-related social spaces, and on event-supplied transportation.
If you feel uncomfortable or think there may be a potential violation of the code of conduct, please report it immediately by contacting an on-site ConsenSys Representative. All reporters have the right to remain anonymous. The ConsenSys Representative may escalate the report as deemed necessary and appropriate to his/her lead, the People team, or the Legal team.
ConsenSys reserves the right to revise, make exceptions to, or otherwise amend these policies in whole or in part. If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact ConsenSys by e-mail at [email protected].