MetaMask Mobile Now Available on Android and iOS!
Today, we’re excited to announce the launch of MetaMask Mobile! 🎉 Built with dApp discoverability in mind, MetaMask Mobile equips every smartphone user with the tools to explore and participate in Web3, securely. It’s free to download and available to all iPhone and Android users.
The app offers all the stuff you’d expect from an Ethereum wallet—like trading tokens and managing your digital assets. But unlike standard wallets, you can also use MetaMask Mobile to browse Web3, discover new dApps and interact with them—from anywhere, anytime. You can take Web3 with you, wherever you go.
Browse, Buy, Send, and Sign
- Use MetaMask’s key vault, secure login, and digital wallet to manage your digital assets
- Generate passwords and keys on your phone and keep your accounts secure
- Browse the decentralized internet and connect to decentralized applications
- Control what information you share with applications, and what to keep private.
We’re excited to start serving our massive user base on mobile and we’re incredibly inspired by what this product could potentially do for the +2 billion people worldwide who can only access the Internet through a mobile phone. By enabling mobile access to Web3, we hope our app creates the opportunity for a whole new generation of smartphone users to access a more transparent and security-focused Internet.
How to Get Started
- Take out your smartphone and head to the App Store or Google Play to download MetaMask Mobile.
- Open the app and MetaMask will step guide you through your account set up and wallet creation.
- Already a MetaMask user? Setting up the app is just as smooth. Open and connect to Web3 in a matter of seconds.
For Beta Testers
Testflight users currently using the beta version on iOS will continue to have access to it. However, to start using the production version of MetaMask Mobile, you’ll need to download the app from the Apple App Store and set up your wallet again using your wallet’s seed phrase or syncing with your MetaMask extension.
For Android users currently using the Open Beta version, the app will update seamlessly to the production version. If you have auto-updates enabled, there is no action required.
If you choose to leave the beta program, make sure you secure your wallet by saving your wallet seed phrase and the private keys for any imported accounts. Google Play Store may ask you to reinstall upon leaving the beta.
Here are a few how-to videos to help you manage your seed phrase and private keys: