Ethereum by the Numbers – September 2019
That it’s even possible to put a list like this together is quite a testament to the transparency and auditability of the Ethereum network. From a $20 million bond settled on mainnet to 1.5 million ETH locked in MakerDAO smart contracts, these data points are signals that we can learn from to understand the rate of progress and the emerging trends across the ecosystem. More funding resources means more Web3 devs going full-time. Advanced permissioning solutions means more enterprises considering mainnet. And every newsbreak about the centralization of risk and capital in our current financial infrastructure only means more motivation for the disruptors who are pushing open and decentralized finance forward.
- 8,933. Live mainnet nodes globally.
- 75M+. Total unique addresses.
- 5,501. Smart contracts created on September 17, 2019.
- 1,682. Smart contracts destroyed on September 17, 2019.
- 95%. Average gas usage.
- 2437. Average block difficulty in tera hashes.
- 106. Average hashrate in tera hashes per second.
- 2,597. Total decentralized applications built on Ethereum.
- 16.9k. Daily active dapp users.
- 52.41k. Transactions of dapp contracts over the past 24 hours.
- 34.96k. Volume of transactions to dapp contracts over the past 24 hours.
- 43. New Ethereum dapps in August.
- 9.6k. CryptoKitties transactions over the past seven days.
- 2.2M+. Truffle Suite lifetime downloads.
- 6,483. GitHub events that the Status team generated over the last 30 days.
- 1243. Monthly active Ethereum developers as of June 2019.
- 34%. Rate of growth of full-time Ethereum developers.
- $2M+. Gitcoin’s gross marketplace value.
- $150k. How much ConsenSys Grants has distributed this year to Ethereum projects.
- 1,943,899. Total Panvala tokens awarded to eight teams last month.
- 6821. Total ETH locked in MolochDAO.
- 10 minutes. Frequency of onchain Casper finality loops with BLS signature aggregation.
- $1.7M. MakerDAO 24 hour volume.
- 145,707. Total Dai holders.
- 1.5M+. Total ETH locked in MakerDAO smart contracts.
- 1.41%. Percentage of entire ETH supply locked in MakerDAO smart contracts.
- 50%. Percentage of active stablecoins built on Ethereum.
- $20M. The size of the bond that Santander settled on the public Ethereum blockchain.
- $2.4T. The total financeable commodity trade market that komgo seeks to disrupt.
- 187. Vanuatu households that received pre-funded NFC cards in Project Unblocked.
- 130. Number of rural bank partners on the i2i payment network in the Philippines.
- 70,000. Transactions the Project Khokha payment network settled with confidentiality.
- 200k+. ERC-20 compatible tokens on Ethereum mainnet.
- $100M. Value of mainnet tokens representing real estate funds tokenized by Harbor.
- 7. The number of Eth2 clients that synced on September 12th.
- 32. How much ETH validators will stake in Eth2.
- 1024. The number of shards that Serenity will support.
Food for Thought
- 29. The number of validator nodes in Libra’s network.
- $10M. The Libra Association membership fee.
- 500k. Estimated Windows machines affected by malicious backdoor in ASUS update.
- $10. Cost of GSM modem that hackers use for SIM jacking.
- 100M. Users affected by the Capital One data breach in July.