Ethereum by the Numbers – June 2020
- 8,035 (+584). Live mainnet nodes globally.
- 103M+ (+4M). Total unique addresses.
- 111.5M+. (+409k). Total ether supply.
- 1,111,318. (+195k). Peak daily transactions in June.
- 2,000. The number of transactions per second per chain that the SKALE network can support, which just launched on mainnet.
- 56. The number of mining pools that produced 90%+ of all blocks on Ethereum.
- V8. The version of MetaMask that’s rolling out, with a new UI, and additional features for devs.
- 2,883. Total decentralized applications on Ethereum.
- 27. New Ethereum dapps launched in June.
- 127k+. Transactions of dapp contracts over the past 24 hours.
- 50k+. (+18k) Daily active dapp users.
- 4,453. (+2,182). Daily active users of MakerDAO.
- 20k+. (+7k). Bricks holders in r/FortNiteBR.
- 12k+. (+1k) Total installs of Microsoft’s Blockchain Development Kit for Ethereum.
- 5k+. (+500) Total installs of Diligence’s Solidity Visual Auditor extension for VS code.
- 3.5M+. (+121,818) Truffle Suite lifetime downloads.
- 51k+. Number of GitHub repos that use the Web3.js library.
- 18k+. Number of GitHub repos that use the ethers.js library.
- $5.4M+. (+800k). Gitcoin’s gross marketplace value.
- 7,567. Number of GitHub events that the Status team generated over last 30 days.
- 100%. (+10%). Liquidity index of USDC on Compound according to DeFi Score.
- 1.9M. Total ETH locked in MakerDAO smart contracts.
- $2B+. (+1B). Total USD value locked in DeFi.
- 2.28%. DAI’s historical yield on Compound.
- 4.1M+. Amount of COMP remaining, Compound’s governance token.
Explore our full DeFi analytics suite, Codefi Data.
- 700+. The number of blockchain initiatives globally, according to a crowdsourced map.
- $50 AUD. How much the World Bank raised using a blockchain platform for its Kangaroo bond due August 2020.
- 1.5. The of Hyperledger Besu coming soon with new privacy upgrades.
- 6. The number of participants in Codefi’s first batch for the Staking Pilot Program, including Binance, Crypto.com, and DARMA Capital.
- 64. The number of shard chains that will run alongside the beacon chain.
- 32. How much ETH validators must stake to the network to earn rewards (holders with less than 32 ETH can use a staking pool).
- 1-4 MB/s. Total available data that Eth2 is expected to provide Ethereum.
Explore our Ethereum 2.0 glossary.
Food for Thought
- 17%. How much The National Association of Counties estimates a decrease in revenues derived from sales taxes, gross receipts, and other charges as a consequence of COVID-19.
- $248.7M. How much US taxpayers paid in 2015 to fund police misconduct settlement payouts.
- 20+ days. How long settlement can take in the syndicated loans market.
- $2 quadrillion. The value of transactions that the DTCC and its subsidiaries process per year in capital markets.