Codefi Orchestrate: January 2021 Product Update
Codefi Orchestrate offers core technical components for every enterprise blockchain solution. We accelerate enterprise solution development by abstracting away the technical complexities of building blockchain applications.
The Codefi Orchestrate team is proud to announce its latest major version, v21.1.0 bringing a fully reworked key management experience as well as many simplifications to its interface and component maintenance.
- Codefi Orchestrate now offers a single RESTful HTTP API after having merged multiple APIs. This new unified API enables you to:
- publish and configure your transactions or query their status
- publish or deploy new contracts and interact with them
- register a new chain/network or update/query an existing one
- interact with your accounts and keys (see next section)
- Reduce the number of Kafka queues from 7 to 3 to reduce the burden on Kafka and maintenance complexity
- Merge worker’s microservices to increase robustness, reduce maintenance cost, and reduce interdependencies between services.
Fully Reworked Account & Key Management
The Codefi Orchestrate API is being enhanced with a new set of features, allowing you to dynamically create users or technical accounts to sign and verify Ethereum transactions, meta-transactions, on-chain data, off-chain data (following EIP-712), and even data for Zero-Knowledge Proof technologies. Use business identifiers to manage these accounts and attach specific metadata.
The team is also proud to announce the development of our HashiCorp Vault plugin. This plugin ensures that your keys remain inside a HashiCorp Vault and are never exposed to your other software. The plugin can sign any Eth1 or Eth2 content, as well as offer support for some ZKP technologies.
Please reach out to us if you are interested in having support for other curves or vault backends!
See a demo video of the key management feature here:
Deploying a blockchain and the many components of Codefi Orchestrate has always been a struggle. In this new version, we introduce a single Helm Chart (Open-sourced here: https://github.com/ConsenSys/orchestrate-helm) that will deploy and configure all Orchestrate microservices seamlessly. Configuration changes required for future releases will be delivered directly as an update to the Helm chart, facilitating the rollout of new versions.
Improved Monitoring and Logging Mechanisms
We improved the monitoring mechanisms and we now offer a Grafana dashboard that you can plug into Codefi Orchestrate directly to monitor activity.
Logging has also been improved significantly to help track the behavior of Orchestrate.
Eager to learn more?
Thank you for sticking with us,
The Codefi Orchestrate Team